It’s Friday. Yay!
You need a treat! Yay!
But you want it to be healthy! Yay!
I’ve got just the thing for you! Yay!
Chocolate Almond Flax Date Truffles
These date truffles are quick and easy, only requiring 4-6 ingredients, and naturally gluten free and vegan!
Recipe type: Dessert
- 20 medjool dates, pitted and soaked in hot water for 10 min
- ½ cup flax seed
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1½ cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips (use these to make vegan)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Place dates, flax seed, slivered almonds in the food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add half of the cocoa and continue to pulse.
- Add the remaining cocoa and process on high until combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop to portion out the mixture and roll into a ball shape. Or scoop out 2 teaspoons of the mixture and roll into a ball shape.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
- In a small glass measuring cup or bowl, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between.
- Dip the balls into the chocolate and pick up with a fork, gently tapping the edge of the cup/bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Place on wax paper and sprinkle with additional slivered almonds or sea salt.
- Let dry at room temperature.